Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Bottle Cleaning

This is more general help than a project, though the general help could lead to a project, so it totally counts.

I love re purposing things, pallets, old furniture, you name it.

I stumbled across a few wine bottle crafts I wanted to try but quickly hit a road block when it came to cleaning them.  That glue is serious business.

Of course pinterest has all sorts of suggestions, soaking, vinegar, oxyclean.  You name it, I tried it.  I even resorted to running them through the dishwasher a few times.  At this point the paper labels were gone, but the damn glue would not budge, WOULD NOT BUDGE.

I even gave up on some and just painted over the glue.  I will not be deterred from doing my crafts.

The super secret solution I came up????

 Yes.  Steel wool.  Steel wool and a little bit of dish soap and about 7 seconds of my time.

7 SECONDS OF MY TIME

Once more ...

7 SECONDS OF MY TIME

I have been intermittently scrubbing, soaking, washing, rinse, repeating, for what seems like an eternity and making very little progress.

Steel wool, dish soap, 7 seconds, done.  You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment